Referee Licensing and Fees

New/Renew License

Referees must carry at least a Grade 8 Referee License in order to be assigned to Ross Valley Breakers games. Please go to the USSF Learning Center to obtain a new and/or renew your license.  RVBFC will pay/reimburse the registration fee and "starting kit" (shirt, socks, cards, whistle) to new referees who commit to officiating at least 5 Breakers matches in a season. After completing the online referee registration and passing a written test with the US Soccer Learning Center, you must complete a field session.  Schedules for field sessions held by WMYSL/Breakers and other leagues can be found on the USSF Grass Roots courses page.

Your referee license needs to be current in order for you to be insured as a referee. Referees must be at least 13 years old to officiate Breakers matches per USSF, and we strive to assign referees who are at least 2-4 years older than all of the players they manage on the field.

We're always looking for licensed officials!  Register to officiate for the Ross Valley Breakers on


Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 5.52.32 PM